Course length: 3 years full time
Course starts: September
Course leader: Dr. Anita Kashi
Psychology is the scientific study of behaviour and the human mind. At Middlesex University Dubai, we offer a solid grounding in modern psychology – a body of theoretical and practical knowledge concerning human behaviour and experiences. This programme combines a broad education in Psychology with a specialist strand to develop an understanding of the theory and practice of Human Resource Management (including organisational behaviour). Graduates of the programme will be eligible and well-prepared to undertake specialised postgraduate training to become qualified to practice as occupational or organisational psychologists.
Combining Psychology with another Discipline
This Honours degree programme offers students a solid grounding in Psychology but also allows specialisation in complementary areas through the various pathways available. The programme is specifically designed for those who wish to pursue a career where an understanding and knowledge of human resource management is essential. The psychology programme has a strong focus on the practical investigation of human behaviour, culminating in the opportunity to undertake an independent piece of research in the final year.
- Foundation Psychology
- Research Methods & Design in Psychology
- Psychological Data Analysis
- Understanding People in Organizations
- Research Methods and Ethical Issues in Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Biological and Cognitive Psychology
- Human Resource Management in Practice
- Research Dissertation in Psychology
- Business Psychology
- Social Psychology & Individual Differences
- Optional Module in HRM
The degree provides sound understanding of basic core courses that start at foundation level in year one and develops in depth and details in year 2 and 3. The main focus of various modules is to enhance critical thinking and evaluation of taught concepts and theories, the development of numerical and analytical skills which culminate into developing capacity to carry out independent research project. In addition to all other basic core modules students must complete a dissertation which is intended to demonstrate the student’s ability to carry out a research oriented piece of work and to relate the theoretical knowledge gained through the programme to empirical data. For the dissertation, the focus is on independent, self-managed, self-directed study within a framework of supervision.
|Number of Modules||Tuition Fees Per Module||Tuition Fees per Year*||Tuition Fees Total|
|12||AED 12,500||AED 50,000||AED 150,000|
* Fees for full-time enrolment i.e. 4 modules per year. Students who wish to enrol for more than 4 modules must get special permission from their Programme Coordinators and pay for the additional module(s).
We normally make offers on 280 UCAS tariff points. GCSE English and Maths with a minimum of Grade C are required, however, the minimum points required for entry are 160 UCAS tariff Points, for more details please click here.
Equipped with a wide range of academic, practical and research skills the psychology with HRM graduates have significant career options such as joining any HRM department/consultancy or industrial organizational institutes etc. They are hired by various HRM and psychology based organizations.
Some graduates from this subject undertake further academic study often developing specific areas of interest within Psychology or Social Sciences. Student with Psychology majors who seek British Psychological Society (BPS) accreditation are eligible to take a conversion diploma in the United Kingdom after graduation. Postgraduate study and training is essential for those wishing to pursue the chartered psychology careers, which include counselling, clinical, organizational, educational and forensic psychology. Further study in another subject area would enable graduates to qualify for a range of careers, for example, Human Resources, IT or careers in Business.
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs
- Copy of your passport and your UAE residency visa, if available. Candidates who wish to apply for Middlesex University sponsored student visas can findmore information here
- International Foundation Programme: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. Students may need to additionally provide results of their GED Tests.
- Undergraduate Programmes: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. If you are seeking credits for previous study completed at university/post-secondary level, please provide official documents (e.g. transcripts, certificates, etc) showing the subjects completed and marks/grades achieved along with detailed information on the content of courses and an explanation of the grading system.
- Postgraduate Programmes: Students should submit copies of their undergraduate qualifications including degrees and/or a statement of completion and transcripts showing grades/marks. For the MBA programme, students must additionally provide evidence of minimum 3 years professional full-time work experience. For candidates without a degree, a full description of the jobs is essential, to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to your postgraduate programme. You must provide information on the employer(s): size of Company (e.g. annual turnover, number of employees, geographical breadth), own responsibilities (e.g. size of budget, number of people reporting to you, to whom you report) and job content.
- Two (2) academic references
- A personal statement (200 words or more)
- Evidence of satisfying the English Language requirements, where applicable.
If you require additional services such as a Middlesex University sponsored Student Visa or housing in our Halls of residences or our Transportation services please indicate this clearly on the application form.
Applications with the supporting documents should be sent to the Admission Office by the required ‘Application Deadlines’ on the following contact details:
Middlesex University Dubai
Room 002, Block 16
Dubai Knowledge Village
PO Box 500697
United Arab Emirates
For admissions related enquiries call:+971 (0)4 3678100 or +971 (0)4 3751212
To contact us via Fax dial: +971 (0)4 3678043