Programme length: 3 years full time
Next intake: September
Programme leader: Cody Paris
The International Politics programme features a range of modules covering International Relations, Comparative politics, Area Studies and Political Theory. Students on this programme will be challenged to explore research and analyze global issues relating to international politics. The overall objective is to prepare “students of the world,” people who think critically about global issues and problems. The first year modules introduce students to the issues and concepts that will be raised and studied in more detail in later modules and to provide the students with an interdisciplinary foundation in the areas of politics, international development and general social science. First year modules also seek to provide the skills needed for future study and each provides a specialized skill focus to ensure that all students have acquired key study skills by the end of year one. In the second year students will develop their research skills and awareness of comparative politics and international political theory. The final year students will explore issues in geopolitics in more depth and apply their research skills through their dissertation.
- Introduction to Politics
- The Construction of the Third World
- Social Science in the Contemporary World
- Citizenship in Contemporary Society
- Comparative Politics
- Approaches to Research in Social Science
- International Political Theory
- Critical issues in Geopolitics
- Example Optional Modules (1 in Second Year, and 2 in Third Year).
- Work Placement
- Public International Law
- Migration, Racism, and Citizenship
- The Politics of Europe
The BA International Politics blends together political theory with international relations and is taught by academics with a wide range of outstanding practical experience and research credentials. This programme allows students to gain insight into current affairs, political systems, institutions, and political decision-making within an international context. The programme offers the opportunity for students to complete a work placement, so you can blend real-life practice with theory and gain invaluable work experience. During the programme you will learn alongside a global cohort of students and our academic team offers a supportive learning environment, helping you to achieve excellent academic results. Students will be primarily assessed through coursework and exams. Additionally, students will enhance their research skills, and will have the opportunity to develop specialist in-depth understanding of a topic of the student’s particular interest in a final year dissertation.
|Number of Modules||Tuition Fees Per Module||Tuition Fees per Year*||Tuition Fees Total|
|12||AED 12,500||AED 50,000||AED 150,000|
* Fees for full-time enrolment i.e. 4 modules per year.
We normally make offers on 260 UCAS tariff points. GCSE English and Maths with a minimum of Grade C are required, however, the minimum points required for entry are 160 UCAS tariff Points, for more details please click here.
Students will be prepared to develop careers with international organizations, global businesses, government and other public sectors, non-profit organizations with a global focus or reach, the diplomatic service, charities and humanitarian agencies, environmental agencies, policy and research think tanks, civil service, universities and colleges, manufacturing and commercial companies, law firms, legal advisors, publishing companies and media employers. Additional work opportunities include: foreign affairs analyst, political analyst, import/export coordinator, international relations officer, intelligence research specialist, international relations administrator, legislative correspondent. The programme offers an excellent opportunity to have an experiential learning experience in a work place environment through our ongoing relationships with organizations and businesses (recent student placements have included Embassies, Institute for Near East Gulf Military Analysis, UNHCR, International Finance organizations, business consultancy firms, event management companies, UAE Red Crescent). This program also provides students with the preparatory knowledge and skills to successfully pursue post-graduate educational programs in Social Science, Politics, International Relations, Law, Public Affairs and Government.
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs
- Copy of your passport and your UAE residency visa, if available. Candidates who wish to apply for Middlesex University sponsored student visas can findmore information here
- International Foundation Programme: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. Students may need to additionally provide results of their GED Tests.
- Undergraduate Programmes: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. If you are seeking credits for previous study completed at university/post-secondary level, please provide official documents (e.g. transcripts, certificates, etc) showing the subjects completed and marks/grades achieved along with detailed information on the content of courses and an explanation of the grading system.
- Postgraduate Programmes: Students should submit copies of their undergraduate qualifications including degrees and/or a statement of completion and transcripts showing grades/marks. For the MBA programme, students must additionally provide evidence of minimum 3 years professional full-time work experience. For candidates without a degree, a full description of the jobs is essential, to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to your postgraduate programme. You must provide information on the employer(s): size of Company (e.g. annual turnover, number of employees, geographical breadth), own responsibilities (e.g. size of budget, number of people reporting to you, to whom you report) and job content.
- Two (2) academic references
- A personal statement (200 words or more)
- Evidence of satisfying the English Language requirements, where applicable.
If you require additional services such as a Middlesex University sponsored Student Visa or housing in our Halls of residences or our Transportation services please indicate this clearly on the application form.
Applications with the supporting documents should be sent to the Admission Office by the required ‘Application Deadlines’ on the following contact details:
Middlesex University Dubai
Room 002, Block 16
Dubai Knowledge Village
PO Box 500697
United Arab Emirates
For admissions related enquiries call: +971 (0)4 3678100
For general enquiries call +971 (0)4 3678100
To contact us via Fax dial: +971 (0)4 3678043