Course length: 3 years full time
Course starts: January 2015
Course leader: Dr. Cedwyn Fernandes
Your studies will be focused on a progressively international business syllabus. Through tailored modules you will gain specialist knowledge in international trade and ethics and explore the challenges associated with taking a business to the global market. In addition, you will cover the fundamentals of business finance which are essential to making effective decisions in a globalised environment.
You will develop a suite of transferable skills which are essential for business professionals, including: communication, critical thinking, team-working, numerical and information technology skills.
You will also gain effective communication skills through in-class presentations, optional real-life consulting projects and writing reports that focus on the globalised environment.
- Applications and Research in Management (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Financial Aspects of Business (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Foundations in International Management and Organisation (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Marketing Theory and Practice (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- International Business Environment (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- International Operations and Innovation Management (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- HRM in a Global Context (30 Credits) – Optional
- Managerial Finance (30 Credits) – Optional
- Trade and International Business (30 Credits) – Optional
- International Business Strategy (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- International Management and Ethics (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Global Supply Chain Management (30 Credits) – Optional
- International Finance (30 Credits) – Optional
- International Marketing (30 Credits) – Optional
* Subject to modules on offer
On completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- locate, categorise, prioritise, and synthesise information necessary for business purposes in an international environment
- interpret business reports and evaluate performance
- select and apply business monitoring and control techniques
- set objectives for business change and plan implementation
- identify and demonstrate interpersonal skills appropriate to a given business situation
|Number of Modules||Tuition Fees Per Module||Tuition Fees per Year*||Tuition Fees Total|
|12||AED 12,500||AED 50,000||AED 150,000|
* Fees for full-time enrolment i.e. 4 modules per year. Students who wish to enrol for more than 4 modules must have extenuating circumstances and get special permission from their Programme Coordinators and pay for the additional module(s).
We normally make offers on 300 UCAS tariff points. GCSE English and Maths with a minimum of Grade C are required, however, the minimum points required for entry are 160 UCAS tariff Points, for more details please click here.
Graduates will be well prepared for a satisfying and rewarding career with internationally-oriented trade and investment organisations or within the public and private sectors in management, strategic planning, research, corporate/ government relations and public relations. Common job titles include International Trade Specialist, Import/Export Agent, Foreign Relations Advisor, Foreign Sales Representative and International Management Consultant. Frequent employers include banks, import/export corporations, multinational manufacturers, consulting firms, international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), electronics companies and transportation industries like shipping and airlines.
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs
- Copy of your passport and your UAE residency visa, if available. Candidates who wish to apply for Middlesex University sponsored student visas can findmore information here
- International Foundation Programme: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. Students may need to additionally provide results of their GED Tests.
- Undergraduate Programmes : Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. If you are seeking credits for previous study completed at university/post-secondary level, please provide official documents (e.g. transcripts, certificates, etc) showing the subjects completed and marks/grades achieved along with detailed information on the content of courses and an explanation of the grading system.
- Postgraduate Programmes : Students should submit copies of their undergraduate qualifications including degrees and/or a statement of completion and transcripts showing grades/marks. For the MBA programme, students must additionally provide evidence of minimum 3 years professional full-time work experience. For candidates without a degree, a full description of the jobs is essential, to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to your postgraduate programme. You must provide information on the employer(s): size of Company (e.g. annual turnover, number of employees, geographical breadth), own responsibilities (e.g. size of budget, number of people reporting to you, to whom you report) and job content.
- Two (2) academic references
- A personal statement (200 words or more)
- Evidence of satisfying the English Language requirements, where applicable.
If you require additional services such as a Middlesex University sponsored Student Visa or housing in our Halls of residences or our Transportation services please indicate this clearly on the application form.
Applications with the supporting documents should be sent to the Admission Office by the required ‘Application Deadlines’ on the following contact details:
Middlesex University Dubai
Room 002, Block 16
Dubai Knowledge Village
PO Box 500697
United Arab Emirates
For admissions related enquiries call: +971 (0)4 3678100 OR +971 (0)4 3751212
To contact us via Fax dial: +971 (0)4 3678043