The Bachelor of Science Honours degree in Psychology with Marketing at Middlesex University combines a broad education in psychology with a specialist strand to develop an understanding of the theory and practice of marketing (including consumer behaviour). At Middlesex University, candidates have the opportunity to study psychology as a subject combined with another discipline. This can lead to careers in diverse occupations that do not carry the title ‘psychologist’ because the skills acquired while studying psychology transfer readily to various spheres in the world of work and provide an excellent general education. The skills that students will learn while studying psychology include: information finding, oral and written communication, numeracy, computer literacy, time-management, problem solving, group working and the ability to carry out independent research.
- Provide a sound knowledge of psychology and Marketing appropriate to future professional work
- Introduce the broad range of theoretical and methodological approaches to psychology
- Encourage students to develop a critical approach to their studies, evaluating theory and evidence accordingly
- Equip students to communicate effectively in written and numerical forms
- Encourage independent and experiential learning, the development of oral communication skills, and the capacity for independent work
The BSc Honours Psychology with Marketing programme will equip you with knowledge and practical skills in two distinct and yet complimentary subject areas. The skills that students will learn while studying psychology include: information finding, oral and written communication, numeracy, computer literacy, time-management, problem solving, group working and the ability to carry out independent research.
Most students in this programme will aim to take up a role in business management or consulting although the programme is suited also to students who want to continue on to further graduate studies in psychology specially industrial and or organizational to end up as a professional psychologist.
Many intellectually stimulating and financially rewarding jobs are suited to individuals completing the BSc Honours Psychology with Marketing, some of which include:
- Advertising and Marketing including market researcher, data analyst, customer service roles, admissions recruiter, advertising executive, trainer, marketing manager, client service representative, and media planner
- Public Relations including PR executive, campaign manager, community activist, outreach coordinator, consultant, consumer relations, administrative program assistant, agency representative, development officer, grants coordinator, fund raising, and public information officer
- Consulting including consumer behaviour consultants and account executives
Middlesex has strong links with regional employers. Our industry partners offer internships and placement opportunities, give visiting lectures, and field visits and attend our Careers Day each year.
Our Careers and Employability Service will offer you a range of support both while you are studying with us – and after you have graduated.
- Foundation Psychology
- Principles of Marketing
- Psychology Skills and Methods
- Biological Cognitive Psychology
- Buyer Behaviour (30 Credits)
- Individual Differences Conceptual Issues in Psychology
- Research Methods and Ethics in Psychology
- Business Psychology
- Direct and Customer Relationship Marketing
- Social Developmental Psychology
|Number of Modules||Tuition Fees Per Module||Tuition Fees per Year*||Tuition Fees Total|
|12||AED 12,500||AED 50,000||AED 150,000|
* Fees for full-time enrolment i.e. 4 modules per year. Students who wish to enrol for more than 4 modules must get special permission from their Programme Coordinators and pay for the additional module(s).
For details on entry requirements for undergraduate studies, please click here.
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs
- Copy of your passport and your UAE residency visa, if available. Candidates who wish to apply for Middlesex University sponsored student visas can findmore information here
- International Foundation Programme: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. Students may need to additionally provide results of their GED Tests.
- Undergraduate Programmes: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. If you are seeking credits for previous study completed at university/post-secondary level, please provide official documents (e.g. transcripts, certificates, etc) showing the subjects completed and marks/grades achieved along with detailed information on the content of courses and an explanation of the grading system.
- Postgraduate Programmes: Students should submit copies of their undergraduate qualifications including degrees and/or a statement of completion and transcripts showing grades/marks. For the MBA programme, students must additionally provide evidence of minimum 3 years professional full-time work experience. For candidates without a degree, a full description of the jobs is essential, to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to your postgraduate programme. You must provide information on the employer(s): size of Company (e.g. annual turnover, number of employees, geographical breadth), own responsibilities (e.g. size of budget, number of people reporting to you, to whom you report) and job content.
- Two (2) academic references
- A personal statement (200 words or more)
- Evidence of satisfying the English Language requirements, where applicable.
If you require additional services such as a Middlesex University sponsored Student Visa or housing in our Halls of residences or our Transportation services please indicate this clearly on the application form.
Applications with the supporting documents should be sent to the Admission Office by the required ‘Application Deadlines’ on the following contact details:
Middlesex University Dubai
Room 002, Block 16
Dubai Knowledge Village
PO Box 500697
United Arab Emirates
For admissions related enquiries call: +971 (0)4 3678133
For general enquiries call +971 (0)4 3678100
To contact us via Fax dial: +971 (0)4 3678043