Course length: 3 years full time; usually 5 years part time
Course starts: September
Course leader: Dr.Fehmida Hussain
The BSc Honours Information Technology degree you will study core modules such as Web Development, Information Systems Foundations, and IT Infrastructure are thoroughly covered in this course. You will learn how a modern enterprise works and how to use a wide range of technologies to support its operation. You will have the opportunity to put what you’ve learned to practical use and make valuable industry contacts.
- Multidisciplinary course.
- Practical hands-on experiments in our modern labs will be used to illustrate the application of theory and concepts.
- Students develop project management skills related to information systems and technology projects, and have an opportunity to implement these skills in their final year project
- Students develop a core set of transferable technical skills as well as a strong background in professional ethics.
- Internship opportunities available through the Careers and Employability Service.
- Option to transfer to London campus.
- Emerging Technologies in Practice (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Information in Organisations (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Information Systems Foundations (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Introduction to Programming (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- IS Analysis and Design (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- IT Infrastructure (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Web Development (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Web Services (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- IT Project (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- AI Techniques in Information Management (30 Credits) – Optional
- Artificial Intelligence (30 Credits) – Optional
- Healthcare Business Informatics (30 Credits) – Optional
- Human Factors in Design (30 Credits) – Optional
- Human Factors in IT (30 Credits) – Optional
- Innovation and Technology Management (30 Credits) – Optional
- Social, Professional and Ethical Issues in Information Systems (30 Credits) – Optional
- Strategic Management and IS (30 Credits) – Optional
- Systems Development Methodologies (30 Credits) – Optional
*Subject to modules on offer
Our BSc Information Technology is structured in ways that map explicitly on to modern technology, and includes systems design, application development in a modern industrial strength programming language, network design and management, web-application development including both server and client side programming.
|Number of Modules||Tuition Fees Per Module||Tuition Fees per Year*||Tuition Fees Total|
|12||AED 12,500||AED 50,000||AED 150,000|
* Fees for full-time enrolment i.e. 4 modules per year. Students who wish to enrol for more than 4 modules must have extenuating circumstances and get special permission from their Programme Coordinators and pay for the additional module(s).
We normally make offers on 240 UCAS tariff points. GCSE English and Maths with a minimum of Grade C are required, however, the minimum points required for entry are 160 UCAS tariff Points, for more details please click here.
Our degree prepares you for a wide range of varied careers. As a graduate you will have excellent career prospects and the range of potential employers will be vast across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. There is also the potential to work as a self employed director of your own business. Careers include key roles in the IT support sector, in the wider area of IT project development and wherever practical web, database and multimedia skills are required.
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs
- Copy of your passport and your UAE residency visa, if available. Candidates who wish to apply for Middlesex University sponsored student visas can findmore information here
- International Foundation Programme: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. Students may need to additionally provide results of their GED Tests.
- Undergraduate Programmes: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. If you are seeking credits for previous study completed at university/post-secondary level, please provide official documents (e.g. transcripts, certificates, etc) showing the subjects completed and marks/grades achieved along with detailed information on the content of courses and an explanation of the grading system.
- Postgraduate Programmes: Students should submit copies of their undergraduate qualifications including degrees and/or a statement of completion and transcripts showing grades/marks. For the MBA programme, students must additionally provide evidence of minimum 3 years professional full-time work experience. For candidates without a degree, a full description of the jobs is essential, to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to your postgraduate programme. You must provide information on the employer(s): size of Company (e.g. annual turnover, number of employees, geographical breadth), own responsibilities (e.g. size of budget, number of people reporting to you, to whom you report) and job content.
- Two (2) academic references
- A personal statement (200 words or more)
- Evidence of satisfying the English Language requirements, where applicable.
If you require additional services such as a Middlesex University sponsored Student Visa or housing in our Halls of residences or our Transportation services please indicate this clearly on the application form.
Applications with the supporting documents should be sent to the Admission Office by the required ‘Application Deadlines’ on the following contact details:
Middlesex University Dubai
Room 002, Block 16
Dubai Knowledge Village
PO Box 500697
United Arab Emirates
For admissions related enquiries call: +971 (0)4 3678100 OR +971 (0)4 3751212
To contact us via Fax dial: +971 (0)4 3678043