Course length: 3 years full time; usually 5 years part time
Course starts: September
Course leader: Dr.Fehmida Hussain
A Business Information Systems degree is a basis for a wide range of business and computer-based careers including organisational management, systems architects, chief information officer, and enterprise architects. You will be taught by experts in the field in a high-tech lab and have access to specialist equipment.
- Multidisciplinary course.
- Programme provides a holistic approach to information systems and business computing.
- Suitable for students who do not have an affinity for programming.
- Students develop project management skills related to information systems and technology projects, and have an opportunity to implement these skills in their final year project.
- Graduates become key players in managing information, technology and people.
- Internship opportunities available through the Careers and Employability Service.
- Option to transfer to London campus.
- Business Information Systems in Practice (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Information in Organisations (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Information Systems Foundations (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Introduction to Business and Organisations (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Database Design (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Decision Support Systems (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Information Systems Research (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- IS Analysis and Design (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- IS Project (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Datawarehousing and Business Intelligence (30 Credits) – Optional
- Healthcare Business Informatics (30 Credits) – Optional
- Innovation and Technology Management (30 Credits) – Optional
- Open Source Software (30 Credits) – Optional
- Social, Professional and Ethical Issues in Information Systems (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Strategic Management and IS (30 Credits) – Optional
- Systems Development Methodologies (30 Credits) – Optional
NOTE: All optional modules are subject to availability.
The content is structured in ways that map explicitly on to modern technology. Core modules such as Business Information Systems in Practice, Database Design, and Decision Support Systems are thoroughly covered in this course. You will develop a foundational understanding of how information systems occur in organisations and learn how organisational and information systems design relate to a wide range of businesses.
|Number of Modules||Tuition Fees Per Module||Tuition Fees per Year*||Tuition Fees Total|
|12||AED 12,500||AED 50,000||AED 150,000|
* Fees for full-time enrolment i.e. 4 modules per year. Students who wish to enrol for more than 4 modules must have extenuating circumstances and get special permission from their Programme Coordinators and pay for the additional module(s).
We normally make offers on 240 UCAS tariff points. GCSE English and Maths with a minimum of Grade C are required, however, the minimum points required for entry are 160 UCAS tariff Points, for more details please click here.
This course opens the door to a varied career in the business information industry. You will learn how a modern enterprise operates and how information systems are integral to its success. Recent graduates have progressed onto further studies or secured jobs with global companies in roles such as: business analyst; database developer/administrator; IT support engineer; programme analyst; IT project manager; systems designer/ developer; IS manager; Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs
- Copy of your passport and your UAE residency visa, if available. Candidates who wish to apply for Middlesex University sponsored student visas can findmore information here
- International Foundation Programme: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. Students may need to additionally provide results of their GED Tests.
- Undergraduate Programmes: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. If you are seeking credits for previous study completed at university/post-secondary level, please provide official documents (e.g. transcripts, certificates, etc) showing the subjects completed and marks/grades achieved along with detailed information on the content of courses and an explanation of the grading system.
- Postgraduate Programmes: Students should submit copies of their undergraduate qualifications including degrees and/or a statement of completion and transcripts showing grades/marks. For the MBA programme, students must additionally provide evidence of minimum 3 years professional full-time work experience. For candidates without a degree, a full description of the jobs is essential, to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to your postgraduate programme. You must provide information on the employer(s): size of Company (e.g. annual turnover, number of employees, geographical breadth), own responsibilities (e.g. size of budget, number of people reporting to you, to whom you report) and job content.
- Two (2) academic references
- A personal statement (200 words or more)
- Evidence of satisfying the English Language requirements, where applicable.
If you require additional services such as a Middlesex University sponsored Student Visa or housing in our Halls of residences or our Transportation services please indicate this clearly on the application form.
Applications with the supporting documents should be sent to the Admission Office by the required ‘Application Deadlines’ on the following contact details:
Middlesex University Dubai
Room 002, Block 16
Dubai Knowledge Village
PO Box 500697
United Arab Emirates
For admissions related enquiries call: +971 (0)4 3678100 OR +971 (0)4 3751212
To contact us via Fax dial: +971 (0)4 3678043