Programme length: 3 years full time
Next intake: September
Programme leader: Evelyn Stubbs
Half of your first year of study is dedicated to practical filmmaking and you will learn the foundations of film production and post production. The other half of your first year studies focuses equally on storytelling for screen narratives and film analysis. Half of your second year is dedicated to producing and directing, looking at all stages in the filmmaking process from conception and development to post production. In your final year, you will choose your own film dissertation project. The scope for this project is very broad so you can develop a practical or theory-based film project in any area that excites you. You will also look at film theory and research in more detail, as preparation for your film dissertation. You will also benefit from wider preparation for employment in the film industry, including gaining a greater understanding of finance, distribution and marketing.
- Film Language and Production 1
- Film Language and Production 2
- Community in Film and TV: Styles and Movements
- Storytelling and the Screen
- Producing and Directing: Film Form and Practice
- Screenwriting : The Short Film
- Film and Innovation
- Film Dissertation Project
- Film Theory
- Film Research and Context
Whether you are an aspiring filmmaker, screenwriter, film researcher or critic, our BA Film is a single flexible degree course that meets the interests and ambitions of a wide variety of students united by a passion for film. At Middlesex we offer a unique degree experience in Film, not only because the course is designed to be flexible, accommodating very different kinds of film students, but also because it encourages, indeed requires, collaboration between students with different interests, skills and knowledge, which is great preparation for working professionally in the film industry. You will be part of a great community of people striving to be the best and to develop their passion for film.
|Number of Modules||Tuition Fees Per Module||Tuition Fees per Year*||Tuition Fees Total|
|12||AED 12,500||AED 50,000||AED 150,000|
* Fees for full-time enrolment i.e. 4 modules per year.
We normally make offers on 280 UCAS tariff points. GCSE English and Maths with a minimum of Grade C are required, however, the minimum points required for entry are 160 UCAS tariff Points, for more details please click here.
Graduates of this course have gone on to a wide range of careers, including writers, editors, sound technicians, directors of photography, camera assistants, directors and designers. Some have gone on to work at major institutions such as the BBC, while others have set up their own small businesses, attracting both commercial work and funded commissions. Some have become music video producers and others are freelancers representing a range of special professions within production and post-production. We help you to establish yourself in the industry in all kinds of ways, including supporting your submission of work to film festivals and supporting your writing, whether critical journalism or screenwriting.
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs
- Copy of your passport and your UAE residency visa, if available. Candidates who wish to apply for Middlesex University sponsored student visas can findmore information here
- International Foundation Programme: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. Students may need to additionally provide results of their GED Tests.
- Undergraduate Programmes: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. If you are seeking credits for previous study completed at university/post-secondary level, please provide official documents (e.g. transcripts, certificates, etc) showing the subjects completed and marks/grades achieved along with detailed information on the content of courses and an explanation of the grading system.
- Postgraduate Programmes: Students should submit copies of their undergraduate qualifications including degrees and/or a statement of completion and transcripts showing grades/marks. For the MBA programme, students must additionally provide evidence of minimum 3 years professional full-time work experience. For candidates without a degree, a full description of the jobs is essential, to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to your postgraduate programme. You must provide information on the employer(s): size of Company (e.g. annual turnover, number of employees, geographical breadth), own responsibilities (e.g. size of budget, number of people reporting to you, to whom you report) and job content.
- Two (2) academic references
- A personal statement (200 words or more)
- Evidence of satisfying the English Language requirements, where applicable.
If you require additional services such as a Middlesex University sponsored Student Visa or housing in our Halls of residences or our Transportation services please indicate this clearly on the application form.
Applications with the supporting documents should be sent to the Admission Office by the required ‘Application Deadlines’ on the following contact details:
Middlesex University Dubai
Room 002, Block 16
Dubai Knowledge Village
PO Box 500697
United Arab Emirates
For admissions related enquiries call: +971 (0)4 3678100 OR +971 (0)4 3751212
To contact us via Fax dial: +971 (0)4 3678043