Course length: 3 years full time
Course starts: January 2015
Course leader: Dr. Cedwyn Fernandes
The BA Honours Business Management (Human Resources) degree is tailored towards ambitious students who are keen to apply theory to practice in a business environment, you will learn how organisations operate, from developing strategy to styles of management. Supported by academics who bring professional expertise to their teaching practices, you will study the key functions that underpin business success. You will also gain a broad understanding of the human resource (HR) sector to understand the legal and ethical challenges that HR professionals face, and also study the techniques companies use to match skills and abilities to their business needs.
You will graduate with the specialist knowledge, skills and experience to launch a successful human resource career across a wide range of businesses, governmental and third sector organisations.
The career options are broad with our Business Management (Marketing) pathway. You will be well placed to enter a diverse range of businesses, governmental and third sector organisations.
- Student will develop a variety of business, negotiation and people management skills.
- Strong Focus on personal development, including personal and professional competencies and individual change management.
- Middlesex University is one of the UK’s largest providers of human resource management courses.
- Opportunity to continue postgraduate studies with a CIPD accredited Masters Programme in Human Resource Management.
- Internship opportunities available through the Careers and Employability Service.
- Option to transfer to London campus.
- Applications and Research in Management (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Financial Aspects of Business (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Management and Organisations (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Marketing Theory and Practice (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Business Environment Analysis (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Operations Management (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Work and Organisational Behaviour (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- HRM in practice (30 Credits) – Optional
- HRM in Global Context (30 Credits) – Optional
- Leadership and Management Development (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Strategic Management (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Managing Individual and Organisational Change (30 Credits) – Optional
- The Service Encounter (30 Credits) – Optional
- Facilitating Creativity in Business (30 Credits) – Optional
* Subject to modules on offer
You will develop key business skills, knowledge and experience in order to excel in a management career. Companies and organisations require graduates who have expert business knowledge, who can also demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills, and the professional acumen to deal with challenges in a fast-paced business environment.
|Number of Modules||Tuition Fees Per Module||Tuition Fees per Year*||Tuition Fees Total|
|12||AED 12,500||AED 50,000||AED 150,000|
* Fees for full-time enrolment i.e. 4 modules per year. Students who wish to enrol for more than 4 modules must have extenuating circumstances and get special permission from their Programme Coordinators and pay for the additional module(s).
We normally make offers on 280 UCAS tariff points. GCSE English and Maths with a minimum of Grade C are required, however, the minimum points required for entry are 160 UCAS tariff Points, for more details please click here.
Our business management graduates find themselves working in a range of industrial, commercial and third sector organizations in a range of roles, including: human resources manager; trainer; management consultant; recruitment and selection consultant; policy developer; compensation and benefits manager.
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs
- Copy of your passport and your UAE residency visa, if available. Candidates who wish to apply for Middlesex University sponsored student visas can findmore information here
- International Foundation Programme: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. Students may need to additionally provide results of their GED Tests.
- Undergraduate Programmes : Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. If you are seeking credits for previous study completed at university/post-secondary level, please provide official documents (e.g. transcripts, certificates, etc) showing the subjects completed and marks/grades achieved along with detailed information on the content of courses and an explanation of the grading system.
- Postgraduate Programmes : Students should submit copies of their undergraduate qualifications including degrees and/or a statement of completion and transcripts showing grades/marks. For the MBA programme, students must additionally provide evidence of minimum 3 years professional full-time work experience. For candidates without a degree, a full description of the jobs is essential, to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to your postgraduate programme. You must provide information on the employer(s): size of Company (e.g. annual turnover, number of employees, geographical breadth), own responsibilities (e.g. size of budget, number of people reporting to you, to whom you report) and job content.
- Two (2) academic references
- A personal statement (200 words or more)
- Evidence of satisfying the English Language requirements, where applicable.
If you require additional services such as a Middlesex University sponsored Student Visa or housing in our Halls of residences or our Transportation services please indicate this clearly on the application form.
Applications with the supporting documents should be sent to the Admission Office by the required ‘Application Deadlines’ on the following contact details:
Middlesex University Dubai
Room 002, Block 16
Dubai Knowledge Village
PO Box 500697
United Arab Emirates
For admissions related enquiries call: +971 (0)4 3678100 or +971 (0)4 3751212
To contact us via Fax dial: +971 (0)4 3678043