Course length: 3 years full time
Course starts: September 2015
Course leader: Dr. Cedwyn Fernandes
In Year 1 you will learn to use CIMA Sage accounting software and gain an official CIMA Sage user’s certificate. Middlesex was the first university in the UK to provide certificated CIMA Sage training. From the second year onwards you will choose from an extensive range of modules that explore the broader business environment, and gain an understanding of the pivotal role of accounting to the success of organisations across the globe.
Our three-year degree covers: Financial Management, Accounting, Finance, Business Law, Business Economics, Analysis and Taxation.
You will develop a set of transferable skills to support you on your career journey, such as advanced analytical thinking and problem solving. You will learn how to work effectively in teams as both a leader and collaborator and become a confident communicator both written and verbally, ensuring you can communicate effectively in a business environment.
- Degree is tailored so that students receive exemptions from the professional body examinations including the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Provides a comprehensive set of business and accounting skills that will allow you to perform successfully in a commerce career.
- As well as theoretical knowledge, the programme includes the use of Sage to develop additional employment skills.
- Internship opportunities available through the Careers and Employability Service.
- Option to transfer to London campus.
- Business Economics (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Financial Accounting (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Financial Data Analysis (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Management Accounting (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Issues in Financial Accounting (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Issues in Management Accounting (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Banking Theory and Practice (30 Credits) – Optional
- Business Environment Analysis (30 Credits) – Optional
- Human Resource Management in Practice (30 Credits) – Optional
- Operations Management (30 Credits) – Optional
- Trade and International Business (30 Credits) – Optional
- Accounting Theory (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Finance (30 Credits) – Compulsory
- Audit and Assurance (30 Credits) – Optional
- Authentic Leadership Development (30 Credits) – Optional
- Corporate Governance (30 Credits) – Optional
- Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation (30 Credits) – Optional
- Taxation (30 Credits) – Optional
* Subject to modules on offer
Our degree is flexible, enabling you to tailor your studies to support your career ambitions, while developing a set of transferable skills to underpin career success. Set in the context of the contemporary business environment, you will explore key accounting and management topics and gain a solid grounding in accounting and financial management concepts and also learn how they should be applied.
|Number of Modules||Tuition Fees Per Module||Tuition Fees per Year*||Tuition Fees Total|
|12||AED 12,500||AED 50,000||AED 150,000|
* Fees for full-time enrolment i.e. 4 modules per year. Students who wish to enrol for more than 4 modules must have extenuating circumstances and get special permission from their Programme Coordinators and pay for the additional module(s).
We normally make offers on 280 UCAS tariff points. GCSE English and Maths with a minimum of Grade C are required, however, the minimum points required for entry are 160 UCAS tariff Points, for more details please click here.
A Business Accounting degree opens the doors to a range of careers, many with excellent progression routes and competitive salaries. Our graduates progress into a wide range of public and private sector organisations, across areas such as: audit and assurance, taxation, insolvency and corporate finance; as well as working in other functional areas such as human resource management, sales and marketing, and operations, which require knowledge of accounting.
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs
- Copy of your passport and your UAE residency visa, if available. Candidates who wish to apply for Middlesex University sponsored student visas can findmore information here
- International Foundation Programme: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. Students may need to additionally provide results of their GED Tests.
- Undergraduate Programmes : Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. If you are seeking credits for previous study completed at university/post-secondary level, please provide official documents (e.g. transcripts, certificates, etc) showing the subjects completed and marks/grades achieved along with detailed information on the content of courses and an explanation of the grading system.
- Postgraduate Programmes : Students should submit copies of their undergraduate qualifications including degrees and/or a statement of completion and transcripts showing grades/marks. For the MBA programme, students must additionally provide evidence of minimum 3 years professional full-time work experience. For candidates without a degree, a full description of the jobs is essential, to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to your postgraduate programme. You must provide information on the employer(s): size of Company (e.g. annual turnover, number of employees, geographical breadth), own responsibilities (e.g. size of budget, number of people reporting to you, to whom you report) and job content.
- Two (2) academic references
- A personal statement (200 words or more)
- Evidence of satisfying the English Language requirements, where applicable.
If you require additional services such as a Middlesex University sponsored Student Visa or housing in our Halls of residences or our Transportation services please indicate this clearly on the application form.
Applications with the supporting documents should be sent to the Admission Office by the required ‘Application Deadlines’ on the following contact details:
Middlesex University Dubai
Room 002, Block 16
Dubai Knowledge Village
PO Box 500697
United Arab Emirates
For admissions related enquiries call: +971 (0)4 3678100 OR +971 (0)4 3751212
To contact us via Fax dial: +971 (0)4 3678043