Professor of Economics
Office: Room 010B Block: 17
Phone: +971 4 3678100
Fax: +971 4 3672956
- Ph.D. (Economics), University of Bombay, India
- M.A. (Economics), University of Bombay, India
- Introductory and advanced economics
- Research Methods
- Marketing Research
Economic growth, public finance, elections, sports economics, political economy
Awards and achievements
- Fulbright Scholarship (University of California, Berkeley, USA)
- Smuts Fellowship (Wolfson College, Cambridge University, UK)
- Overseas Visiting Fellowship (St. John’s college, Cambridge University, UK)
- Indo-American Fellowship, University of Texas at Austin, USA
Membership of professional bodies and associations
- Life Member, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Banglore.
- Life Member, Indian Economic Association
- Life Member, The Indian Econometric Society
- Ajit Karnik and Mala Lalvani“Growth Performance of Indian States” Empirical Economics, Vol. 42, No. 1, 2012
- Ajit Karnik and Cedwyn Fernandes “Estimating Elasticity of Demand for Tourism in Dubai”, Tourism Analysis, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2010
- Ajit Karnik “Valuing Cricketers Using Hedonic Price Models”, Journal of Sport Economics, Volume 11, No. 4 (August), 2010.
- Ajit Karnik and Mala Lalvani “Heterogeneity in Growth Processes: Estimating Growth Equations using Panel data”, International Economic Journal, Vol. 23, No. 4 (December), 2009.