Anyone applying for a postgraduate programme before 5th September will receive a 5% grant towards the total tuition.
The Middlesex MBA aims to develop individuals to manage successfully and ethically across a range of organisations and to critically evaluate and take decisions in their functional areas of expertise.
This aim is achieved through:
- Encouraging students to gain a thorough and integrated understanding of the various disciplines that contribute to the study of management
- Facilitating the application of such disciplines to ensure effective practice
- Enhancing personal and professional skills for management and leadership
- Specialising in the functional area of emphasis chosen
The objectives for the Middlesex MBA are that students will:
- Enhance and develop previous relevant experience in business and management
- Develop the ability to apply previous and newly acquired knowledge and experience to complex business issues in a range of contexts
- Prepare students for leadership and transformational roles in business
- Develop knowledge, at an advanced level, of organisations, their management and the environment in which they operate, and demonstrate a broad perspective on organisational management and its wider impact on society and the environment
- Develop in-depth knowledge in the chosen area of emphasis in marketing or finance or operations & logistics or international business or a generalist range of subjects
- Operate and manage in a global and multicultural environment
- Develop interpersonal and group-working skills
- Encourage lifelong learning and personal development
- MBA (General)
- MBA (Marketing)
- MBA (Finance)
- MBA (Operations & Logistics)
- MBA (International Business)
- MBA (Business Excellence)
We normally require a second class honours degree (2:2, 50%) or above. Applicants must demonstrate a minimum of two years continuous workplace experience gained in a managerial or professional job following graduation. Applicants without an honours degree need to demonstrate relevant workplace experience.
Workplace experience should essentially be within a managerial position with responsibility for people, finances and other resources. We assess each application individually. Applicants should emphasize experience, responsibilities and the innovations they have been involved with in their personal statement. Applicants should also provide a CV for assessment.
We welcome applicants from small and medium sized businesses (including family businesses) as much as we do applicants from large corporations.
In addition to having worked within a full-time managerial or professional role for 2 or more years, ideal candidates for the programme should:
- Possess proven academic ability
- Be motivated to undertake and complete the course
- Have language ability, in particular proficiency in the English language
- Seek career potential
- Benefit from the MBA
English Language Requirements
You must have competence in English language and we normally require Grade C GCSE or an equivalent qualification. The most common English Language requirements for international students is IELTS 6.5 (with minimum 6.0 in all four components).
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs
- Copy of your passport and your UAE residency visa, if available. Candidates who wish to apply for Middlesex University sponsored student visas can find more information here
- International Foundation Programme: Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. Students may need to additionally provide results of their GED Tests.
- Undergraduate Programmes : Applicants should submit copies of secondary school records including a certificate of completion and a statement of grades/marks. If you are seeking credits for previous study completed at university/post-secondary level, please provide official documents (e.g. transcripts, certificates, etc) showing the subjects completed and marks/grades achieved along with detailed information on the content of courses and an explanation of the grading system.
- Postgraduate Programmes : Students should submit copies of their undergraduate qualifications including degrees and/or a statement of completion and transcripts showing grades/marks. For the MBA programme, students must additionally provide evidence of minimum 3 years professional full-time work experience. For candidates without a degree, a full description of the jobs is essential, to show clearly your successful career path and the contribution you can make to your postgraduate programme. You must provide information on the employer(s): size of Company (e.g. annual turnover, number of employees, geographical breadth), own responsibilities (e.g. size of budget, number of people reporting to you, to whom you report) and job content.
- Two (2) academic references
- A personal statement (200 words or more)
- Evidence of satisfying the English Language requirements, where applicable.
If you require additional services such as a Middlesex University sponsored Student Visa or housing in our Halls of residences or our Transportation services please indicate this clearly on the application form.
Applications with the supporting documents should be sent to the Admission Office by the required ‘Application Deadlines’ on the following contact details:
Middlesex University Dubai
Room 002, Block 16
Dubai Knowledge Village
PO Box 500697
United Arab Emirates
For admissions related enquiries call: +971 (0)4 3678100 or +971 (0)4 3751212
To contact us via Fax dial: +971 (0)4 3678043